Do you need digital marketing for your business? Or, you should rely only on traditional marketing techniques?
If we look at the current scenario, digital marketing has been essential for almost all businesses. If any business fails to build its online presence, it will have difficulty getting ahead of its competition. Some digital marketing methods are SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), SMM (social media marketing), and email marketing.
Hence, instead of relying solely on traditional marketing methods, it is advisable to utilize different digital marketing methods.
Why your business needs digital marketing?
Here are some reasons why your business needs digital marketing:
First of all, digital marketing is very cost-effective. If you want to get the best results by spending the minimum on marketing, you need to use digital marketing. Depending on your marketing budget, you can implement SEO, SEM, SMM, etc. in your business. With the proper use of SEO and social media, you can drive outstanding results by spending the least.
Digital marketing channels are not just cost-effective; they are result-effective as well. With the correct use of digital marketing, you can drive well-targeted traffic to your business website and achieve your online goal. Depending on your business, the goal could be to generate more leads, increase website traffic, generate sales, etc.
Tracking & analytics
The thing which sets digital marketing apart from traditional marketing is tracking and analytics. When you use digital marketing methods like SEO, email marketing, PPC, etc., you get detailed analytics. It gives you an idea about how effective your marketing campaign is going on. On the flip side, with the traditional marketing method like radio and television, you don’t get a detailed analytics report and can’t track the results.
The marketing strategy becomes result-effective only when you target the right audience. Targeting the wrong audience will be just a waste of time, money, and effort. For example, in TV advertising (traditional marketing method), you will be targeting the general audience instead of the targeted audience. Using online marketing techniques like SEO, PPC, etc., you can target the right audience. By targeting the right audience, you can boost the conversion rate.
Branding is crucial for all businesses. If you want to enhance your marketing effort, it is imperative to focus on building the brand. Business brand building can help you build trust and authority in your target audience.
Unlike old-school marketing methods, digital marketing methods are not rigid; they are flexible. The flexibility of digital marketing allows us to attract the right audience at the right cost. Before spending more money and keeping your campaign going, you can do digital marketing tests, which may not be possible in traditional marketing.
Looking at the above reasons, we can say that digital marketing is vital for all businesses, small, medium, and large. If you want to build your business brand, increase revenue, and drive your business's right audience, you should consider digital marketing with Ava Digital.
Digital marketing is of different types. Depending on your business, the type of digital marketing you need to select may differ. Some major types of digital marketing are SEO, SEM, SMM, and email marketing. For example, for some businesses, SEO may work really well, while PPC advertising may be right for some businesses.
If you want to drive a high-quality audience at the minimum cost, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is something you should consider. Here are some points explaining why your website needs SEO:
1. Get more website trafficWith the proper implementation of an SEO plan, you can drive tons of traffic to your website. Getting more traffic is something that all website owners and bloggers want. Through SEO, your website can get better rankings for variety of keywords, and better rankings mean more traffic.
2. Doesn’t require you to pay for ad spacePeople often compare SEO with PPC advertising. Both have their own pros and cons. The good thing about SEO is you are not required to pay for ad space. When your site gets higher rankings on giant search engines like Google and Bing, it will start sending your website free traffic. If you go with PPC advertising, you will be charged based on how many clicks (traffic) your site gets.
3. Better user experienceSEO also means providing quality experience to people visiting the website. An expert SEO is the one who doesn’t just focus on getting higher site rankings but also focuses on providing a better experience to visitors. Providing quality user experience will make your visitors stay to your website for longer and it will help you improve your SEO effort by reducing the bounce rate.
4. Stay ahead of your competitorsWhether you are a small, medium, or large company, you can beat the competition with SEO. The SEO expert does competitors’ analysis and figures out how your website can beat them. Using different SEO practices, you can improve your rankings and stay ahead of your competitors.
5. Targeted usersWith SEO, you will not be focusing on the general audience. The website traffic you will get will be well targeted to your business niche. It all starts with keyword research. Let say you are a restaurant in London. By ranking your site for keywords related to ‘restaurant in London,’ you can drive high intent traffic. And, high intent website traffic means better conversion.
6. MeasurableNot just SEO, all the digital marketing methods are easily measurable. This is where the traditional/conventional marketing channels fail. As compared to online marketing channels (like SEO), the results or data from traditional marketing channels (like TV and newspaper) are not easy to measure. To monitor and analyze your website organic traffic, you can use tools like Google Analytics and Optin Monster.
Final ThoughtsThese are some reasons why your website needs SEO. SEO is a long-term process. With the proper implementation of various optimization methods, you can increase your website rankings. And, once your site gets better rankings, you keep getting quality traffic for a longer period.
Let’s start with: DON’T BE A VICTIM!
I get it. Times will be tough for a few, but don’t get down on yourself or let anyone else get you down. You are an entrepreneur and have the brainpower and passion to figure out how to take advantage… AND THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. Today takes perseverance, courage, intelligence, and long term thinking. Consider the next week or two weeks as a reset for the business to understand how to capitalize. At Ava Digital, we are as much a business strategy consultant for small businesses as we are experts on SEO services.
Business Strategy - Let’s agree that over the next several months, people are going to be even more focused on “social distancing”. The future for Chicago small businesses and consumers are going to become more digital than ever. So, now is the time to plan your strategy. How are you going to get to your consumers and how are your consumers going to find you? Are you service based, how can you use video services to get your business going? Can you sell products as part of your solution? Can you offer subscription services? These are all questions to ask, but no matter what you answer, YOU MUST GET FOUND ON THE WEB. People will be looking for your services so do what you can to be ready to catch them when they are searching. At AVA digital, this is a busy time because small businesses are looking to beat the competition as consumers search for products and services.
Step 1 - Build Site
Build Your Website. Call Ava, we will walk you through what is required, Already have a website, ensure the site has all the right keywords that people are searching for. For example, SEO services Naperville is searched 100s of times per month and guess whose company comes up? Get it? When building your site, you have to make sure you have enough content written on your pages. It’s one of the key factors that allows your site to rank on Google. 1500 words on the home page and 500 words on every other page. Don’t worry, we can help. We provide web design services across Chicago.
Step 2 - Optimize
Optimize the site so Google grades it as an “A” for desktop and mobile. More than 50% of search will be done on a person’s phone so ensuring you are thinking about this is essential.
Step 3 - Blogging
We get it. It’s not easy to constantly write articles about your service, but there is a reason we always discuss this. Blogging about your services help continue to reinforce keyword content.
Step 4 - Back-linking & Citations
A secret that you have to start working on immediately is ranking your site. If your company does not show up on page 1 for your service in your area, that is enough to give us a call. Back-linking and citations are ways of getting votes for your site and allowing you to rank in your market.
Step 5 - Lets get Google To Help
Google My Business is a great source to localize your business and have it show up in the “map pack” This is critical because once you set this up you can beat out all your competition and guess what, not many businesses know how to do this and are losing out.
So, let’s get to work. Now is not the time wallow or just sit around and watch Netflix all day. Today is the day that you work on the business that is coming and I promise you it’s coming.
AVA Digital Marketing Provides SEO service in Naperville, Chicago, Glen Ellyn, and across the US. We build websites, consult businesses, manage social media accounts, and all that is digital.
We are the top digital marketing agency across Chicago supporting small businesses and helping them grow and generate customers. Our plan is simple. We build your site, optimize it, and get you to page 1 so that business comes your way.