Digital marketing is of different types. Depending on your business, the type of digital marketing you need to select may differ. Some major types of digital marketing are SEO, SEM, SMM, and email marketing. For example, for some businesses, SEO may work really well, while PPC advertising may be right for some businesses.
If you want to drive a high-quality audience at the minimum cost, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is something you should consider. Here are some points explaining why your website needs SEO:
1. Get more website trafficWith the proper implementation of an SEO plan, you can drive tons of traffic to your website. Getting more traffic is something that all website owners and bloggers want. Through SEO, your website can get better rankings for variety of keywords, and better rankings mean more traffic.
2. Doesn’t require you to pay for ad spacePeople often compare SEO with PPC advertising. Both have their own pros and cons. The good thing about SEO is you are not required to pay for ad space. When your site gets higher rankings on giant search engines like Google and Bing, it will start sending your website free traffic. If you go with PPC advertising, you will be charged based on how many clicks (traffic) your site gets.
3. Better user experienceSEO also means providing quality experience to people visiting the website. An expert SEO is the one who doesn’t just focus on getting higher site rankings but also focuses on providing a better experience to visitors. Providing quality user experience will make your visitors stay to your website for longer and it will help you improve your SEO effort by reducing the bounce rate.
4. Stay ahead of your competitorsWhether you are a small, medium, or large company, you can beat the competition with SEO. The SEO expert does competitors’ analysis and figures out how your website can beat them. Using different SEO practices, you can improve your rankings and stay ahead of your competitors.
5. Targeted usersWith SEO, you will not be focusing on the general audience. The website traffic you will get will be well targeted to your business niche. It all starts with keyword research. Let say you are a restaurant in London. By ranking your site for keywords related to ‘restaurant in London,’ you can drive high intent traffic. And, high intent website traffic means better conversion.
6. MeasurableNot just SEO, all the digital marketing methods are easily measurable. This is where the traditional/conventional marketing channels fail. As compared to online marketing channels (like SEO), the results or data from traditional marketing channels (like TV and newspaper) are not easy to measure. To monitor and analyze your website organic traffic, you can use tools like Google Analytics and Optin Monster.
Final ThoughtsThese are some reasons why your website needs SEO. SEO is a long-term process. With the proper implementation of various optimization methods, you can increase your website rankings. And, once your site gets better rankings, you keep getting quality traffic for a longer period.
We are the top digital marketing agency across Chicago supporting small businesses and helping them grow and generate customers. Our plan is simple. We build your site, optimize it, and get you to page 1 so that business comes your way.